The energy industry, its customers and other stakeholders agree: the imminent Finkel Review deserves full...Read More
- Australia is the world's largest producer of bauxite.
- The industry contributes around $13B in exports to the economy every year.
- Australia is the world’s second largest producer of alumina.
- The industry provides direct employment for more than 15000 people and provides income for another 60,000 families.
- Reduction cells (or pot) in a smelter is replaced every 5-6 years. So, while the smelter may be decades old, the components are not.
Read Factbook for more information.