The IAI is the Global Forum of the world’s Aluminium Producers. The Institute has 27 Member companies and together the IAI Member Companies are represented for more than 80% of world primary aluminium production.
The IAI represents aluminium and alumina producers worldwide and its key objectives are to:
- Increase the market for aluminium by enhancing world-wide awareness of its unique and valuable qualities.
- Provide the global forum for aluminium producers on matters of common concern and liaising with regional and national aluminium associations to achieve efficient and cost effective co-operation.
- Identify issues of relevance to the production, use and recycling of aluminium and promoting appropriate research and other action concerning them.
- Encourage and assisting continuous progress in the healthy, safe and environmentally sound production of aluminium.
- Collect statistical and other relevant information and communicating it to the industry and its principle stakeholders.
- Communicate the views and positions of the aluminium industry to international agencies and other relevant parties.
Through the IAI, the aluminium industry aims to promote a wider understanding of its activities and demonstrate its responsibility in relation to all key sustainability issues – environmental, health, safety and recycling.
The IAI website is an excellent resource for information on the global aluminium industry. Please follow the link to the publications section of the IAI website.