The Australian Aluminium Council published ‘Aluminium Standards, Data & Design – Wrought Products’ in 1993. As this publication is now out of print and not available on-line and as there is demand for its content from many different areas, it has been decided to produce a modified on-line document.
In order to provide access to a document as quickly as possible and recognising the importance of the extrusion industry in Australia, it was decided to produce the ‘Aluminium Extrusion Manual’ which is designed for users and specifiers of aluminium extrusions.
Currently the Australian Aluminium Council does not publish technical data but some of the local aluminium producers and distributors have websites which provide useful information.
Other source information which can be purchased from the US-based Aluminum Association include:
- Aluminum Standards and Data – 2017 Metric SI
- Aluminum Design Manual
Standards which can be purchased from Standards Australia include:
- AS/NZS 1734 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Flat sheet, coiled sheet and plate
- AS/NZS 1865 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Drawn wire, rod, bar and strip
- AS/NZS 1866 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Extruded rod, bar, solid and hollow shapes
- AS/NZS 1867 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Drawn tubes
- AS 1874 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Ingots and castings
- AS/NZS 1665 – Welding of aluminium structures
- AS/NZS 1664 – Aluminium structures
- AS 2848.1 – Aluminium and aluminium alloys – Compositions and designation
The Victorian factsheet on “Aluminium and Fire” (aluminium composite panels) – Victorian Factsheet